SAN LEO, HISTORY AND CULTURE BY BICYCLE
The offer includes
SPRING: Tuesday 21 May 2024
AUTUMN: Tuesday 24 September 2024
- Half board + après bike buffet from 2:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. for a tasty lunch after the daily excursions
- filled sandwiches, bananas and water for your cycle rides
- welcome drink, and presentation of the itineraries and cycling groups by the Bike Manager, available daily if required
- bathrobe with soft slippers
- telo Wellness
- 5 excursions a week for racing and touring bikes (Dolce Vita programme) with experienced guides (Wednesday and Saturday are rest days)
- replacement Scott bike in the event of breakage of hired bicycle
- laundry service for your technical gear (laundry net bag € 10,00)
- daily in-house mechanic for small repairs and adjustments;
- 1 tasting of oil, wine and cheese on a farm
- every week we have a barbecue at our house in the country with pizza, spaghetti, grilled meat, wine and desserts
- one 20,00 Euro token to be spent at the cyclists`
The details of the offer
An exciting tour through the hills of Romagna to the captivating fortress of San Leo to learn about the history of one of the oldest, most mysterious, and fascinating places in our region.
On the way to the San Leo Fortress
A Tuesday of sports and culture combined with great food: at 9:00, we set out for a bike tour in the inland towards the town of San Leo.
After a cycling route along the Marecchia River valley, we’ll face the ascent to the town and the San Leo Fortress, a climb that’s manageable for cyclists of all levels, to be tackled at your own pace, without rush. Along the route, we can already admire the fortress perched on the rock.
Once at the top, we’ll enter the town of San Leo, which has Roman origins (3rd century A.D.), while the fortress and the church are medieval, and the surrounding buildings are from the Renaissance period.
A tour guide will be waiting to tell us the history of this place and the legend of Count Cagliostro! We’ll then have a packed lunch in an outdoor area with cold pasta, rice, cold cuts, cheeses, and desserts served by the Dory Hotel!
- The program is aimed at cyclists of all levels, particularly suitable for Dolcevita cyclists with electric bikes, the average speed will be around 15 km/h
- A cycle tour guide and a minibus are guaranteed for the entire journey
- The departure is scheduled for 8.00 am, the return to Riccione for approximately 5.00 pm.
- The program will take place with a minimum of 8 cyclists and a fee of Euro 120 including lunch
- In case of bad weather the tour will take place the following day.
- We invite you to bring along spare cycling clothing, chaps, arm warmers, rain jacket and trainers
Request information for this offer
- Direct response from the hotels
- Quick quote by email
- Dream holiday guaranteed