|CYCLING ON THE TRAIL OF DANTE ALIGHIERI|
CYCLING ON THE TRAIL OF DANTE ALIGHIERI
The offer includes
This fascinating cycle-tour begins at Fiorenzuola di Focara, where Dante lodged with the village baker, and then passes through Gradara, site of the tragic love-affair between Paolo and Francesca.
The trail finishes at Mondaino, and the ancient Mill at Porta di Sotto, with evocative readings from the work of this consummate poet.
The “Guided Visit to the Castles of Gradara and Mondaino and to the ancient Mill at Porta di Sotto” will allow you to witness an age-old tradition of cheese-making, and to sample some excellent products and local wines.
- Double room from 89,60 € per day per person
- Double room single use 114,00 € per day per person
Welcome to the Hotel Dory & Suite, Riccione`s first hotel for cyclists, with more than 25 years of bike experience, unique and inimitable, which offers you all these exclusives:
- Super Half Board: Half board + après bike buffet from 2:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. for a tasty lunch after the daily excursions (wine and beverages at meals excluded).
- filled sandwiches, bananas and water for your cycle rides
- Aqua Wellness Area SPA
- Storage for 150 bikes with video surveillance
- Fitted workshop and washing area
- 5 excursions a week for racing and touring bikes (Dolce Vita programme) with experienced guides
- Bike manager available every day
- Three minibuses for rescuing cyclists and offering mechanical assistance
- More than 150 detailed cycle-touring routes and 15 routes for MTB with detailed road book
- Laundry for washing technical gear (laundry net bag 10,00 €)
- Daily in-house mechanic for small repairs and adjustments
- Oil, wine and cheese tastings on farms
- Barbecue at our country house in Vecciano, with typical products
- Themed culinary evenings at the hotel
- a rich program for accompanying persons with boat trips, excursions, tastings
The details of the offer
The tour includes a special visit of Gradara and Fiorenzuola di Focara, where Dante wrote some sections of the “Divine Comedy”…
Between the 13th and 14th centuries, Dante Alighieri was drawn to the Romagna region, on the border with Tuscany, attracted by the ancient imperial ruins, the wonderful mosaics and the famous combination of good food and tales of love.
He was accompanied on his travels by a spendthrift and pleasure-loving brigade of cultured, wealthy Florentines.
Request information for this offer
- Direct response from the hotels
- Quick quote by email
- Dream holiday guaranteed